-
February 25th, 2005, 06:12 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Hi. I wonder if you can help me decide on a birthday gift for my younger daughter who will turn 4 this summer.
She currently has a Bitty Baby whom she loves, but she so badly wants a doll with "hair." She sees her big sister playing with her Josefina and AGOT doll and very much wants a doll whose hair she can play with.
I was thinking of getting her either one of the Hopscotch dolls or an AG doll this summer for her birthday (possibly at the Madison sale). On the one hand, the Hopscotch dolls seem to be targeted for her age range and are less expensive, but will she outgrow the Hopsctoch stuff quickly and will want a real AG doll in a year? Should I go ahead and get her a new AG historical or AG today doll knowing that she won't be as gentle and careful with it as an older girl might be? Or should I look for a second-hand AG doll through eBay or a return at the Madison sale? Will her getting an AG doll at such a young age somehow "spoil" the anticipation of waiting until she is old enough?
I guess the other alternative is getting her the Bitty Twins but that's getting 2 dolls when she only really needs 1 doll with hair.
So many choices... Any advice would be appreciated!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks